Susan Santangelo – Politics Can Be Murder
Listen to PatZi's interview with Susan on September 29, 2020
Politics Can Be Murder - Every Wife Has a Story
It was so delightful to talk to Susan Santangelo about Politics Can Be Murder - Every Wife Has a Story. It is Book #9 in her Baby Boomer Mystery Series. It is another fun read! I have been a fan since I read her Dieting Can Be Murder a book highly recommended to me by my sister, Natalie, which at first surprised me because I thought it was a self-help book for weight loss! I was pleasantly surprised to find a new cozy writer who could make me laugh out loud - and I think that used up enough calories for the day.
Anyway, back to Politics Can Be Murder. You will enjoy the latest antics of the inimitable Carol Andrews is a campaign manager. Not a role one would expect from her. But it does give us some insight into the world of politics and she steps up to take a new female political candidate. As usual, Carol manages to step into it. This time a nice murky world of politics filled with hidden secrets, mysterious goings and, of course, a.murder, which is like catnip to Carol. For dog lovers, we are treated with Lucy and Ethel.
About the Author
Susan Santangelo is a member of Sisters in Crime, International Thriller Writers, and the Cape Cod Writers Center, and also reviews mysteries for Suspense Magazine..
She divides her time between Clearwater, Florida and Cape Cod, Massachusetts, and shares her life with her husband Joe and two very spoiled English cocker spaniels, Boomer and Lilly. Boomer also serves as the model for the books' front covers, and Lilly is featured on the back. She is also a proud, lucky two-time breast cancer survivor, and credits early detection by regular mammograms with saving her life twice.
What people are saying...
- "An especially well-crafted and entertaining mystery which plays fair with the reader every step of the way....An outstanding series-Midwest Book Review
- "Reading Susan Santangelo's books is like taking a masterclass in voice. Local politics, dogs, and the always funny Carol Andrews make the ninth book in the Baby Boomer Mystery series, Politics Can Be Murder, a clear winner." -Sherry Harris, Agatha Award Nominated Author of the Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mysteries and the Chloe Jackson Seaglass Saloon Mysteries
- "Is Politics Can Be Murder a winner? I vote yes!" -Carole Goldberg, National Book Reviewer
- "Susan Santangelo's Carol Andrews is one retiree who is not content to bake cookies and babysit her grandchildren, and having solved nine Baby Boomer Mysteries with wit and homely wisdom, it would be a serious mistake to underestimate her sleuthing skills. I'm eagerly awaiting her next adventure, and I'm sure other mystery lovers are, too." -Leslie Meier, Author of the Lucy Stone Mysteries
- "When a friend becomes the victim of a hit and run driver, Baby Boomer Carol Andrews and her Fairport gal pals decide to help a successful local businesswoman run for Fairport Town Council, via a pedestrian safety-focused campaign. What could possibly go wrong?" -Anne L. Holmes, APR, "Boomer in Chief," National Association of Baby Boomer Women
- "In Politics Can Be Murder, Santangelo serves up a humorous story with a serious underpinning and an appealing main character-you have to love a woman who always tells you what she would have said but didn't." -Leslie Wheeler, Author of the Berkshire Hilltown Mystery Series
Visit Susan's website...
Home Page for
Baby Boomer Mysteries
A light-hearted look
at issues facing the 76 million
members of the
Baby Boomer generation
Get Book #9 in this great series
LISTEN LIVE...11 a.m. EST